Monday, February 5, 2007

SPIRITUAL HEALTH

God created you. He loves you so much that he wants you to know him now and spend eternity with him. Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
Jesus came so that each of us could know and understand God in a personal way. Jesus alone can bring meaning and purpose to life.

All of us sin and our sin has separated us from God. Jesus not only died for our sin, he rose from the dead. When he did, he proved that he can rightfully promise eternal life--that he is the Son of God and the only means by which we can know God.

Accepting Jesus means believing that Jesus is the Son of God and then inviting him into your heart. The precise words you use to commit yourself to God are not important. He knows your heart. If you are unsure of what to pray, this might help.

Jesus, I want to know you. I want you to come into my life. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin. Only you can give me the power to change and become the person you created me to be. Please forgive my sins and thank you for giving me eternal life with God. I give my life to you.
In Jesus name Amen.

What follows is a lifelong journey of change and growth as you get to know God better through Bible reading, prayer, interaction with other Christians, and going to church. If you live in Montgomery, Alabama, I invite you to Taylor Road Baptist Church.
For more info go to: http://www.taylorroad.org/

No comments: